Worth to read.

Because I already shared with you some of my favourite movies, this time I also wanted to share some plays. It is not typical type of literature. Usually consisting dialogues and side information’s from the author about time, place, feelings of the characters. For some it is easier to read such work, for some much harder. In my opinion it is nice to read a good play from time to time. Today I would like to present my favourite two.



1.       Venus in fur by David Ives
Firstly I saw the movie (here) by Roman Polanski. And I was completely enchanted by the play of just two actors, Emmanuelle Seigner and Mathieu Amalric. It is amazing how two actors can fill the space and entertain you for two hours. Definitely worth to watch. It inspired me so much that soon after ending the movie, I started searching for the play in the internet (here). An actress attempts to convince a director to play in his upcoming production. We can read about their experiment to act the play while the reading it and how the emotions take over them. This play is about deepest man feelings and dreams, how woman can use the electric chemistry and a failure that can meet us sometimes.
For big fun of theatre (and also television theatre) it will be real feast!





2.       The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler
I was lucky enough to see this play in a theatre. And unfortunately I didn’t really like it. It was played by elder women without much emotions. Not really my favourite experience. But, however! I still found something deeper in it, and after I found this play (here) to read.
It is a set of stories by a varying number of women, that tell about how they treat their private parts of themselves and what they think about their vaginas. Let’s not be afraid of saying this word- vagina. Every woman has it. And it is so strange how different opinions and different feelings we have about it. On the very beginning you might have the feeling that play is just provocative, but no! It tells sad stories about all types of women. And the more you read, the more you understand why it was written. To show how unusual is this usual part of our body.

Please let me know if You loved some play and if I should read something.

Love,
Liliann

Share:

2 komentarze

  1. I'm so disappointed you didn't like The Vagina Monologues. Personally, I love the screenplay. Also, I personally love saying the word 'Vagina' and watching people squirm.

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. I love the screenplay, but I didn't like how it was played in the theatre. It was without any emotions, passion, as for me without deeper understanding the topic. The play itself is amazing and I really think it is worth to read, that's why I wrote about it. ;)

      Usuń